Saturday, December 14, 2013

Honda CB750 K2



There is something magical about mixing old school charm with some modern technology. Lets be clear here, what we are about to show isn't a first. An old school bike with a new school front end. Hardly revolutionary but definitely awesome especially when the colours are consistant. 


Here are some words from Erin, the owner of this beautiful beast.  

"I bought this in October last year in Adelaide...ebay purchase and a mad dash to get it, but a really solid start for a project.
I had been riding big fast bikes for a long time, and wanted something with classic style and something I didn’t have to ride at 200kph to enjoy.
The problem was the brakes...one 50mm pad on a single disc was just shit, and I couldn’t get anywhere near the bike’s potential because I could never stop.
After looking into brake upgrades, I decided to change over the entire front end, and improve the suspension and brakes in one hit.
I had never modified a bike before, so I took the risk and just tried.
So now it has the 09 Yamaha R6 front end, Trailtech digital dash/GPS and cafe seat, chopped down rear end. It stops like a new bike, handles great and has a real muscle look with the beefed up front end."







I have to agree, I enjoy looking at this bike, I enjoy the idea of a modern front end and classic back end. Sort of like a milf with bolt ons. 
Photos: Erin Hearne
Words: - from www.australiancaferacers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment