Thursday, May 29, 2014

CB Kobra by Nils




CB500 Four "Kobra" by Nils Jan K - Leverkusen, Germany


"The Kobra is my first own project before starting “KlassikKustoms“ in 2014. It was in 2012 when I bought that bike from an oldtimer collector. ... It had a red rotten frame and beige covers and tank in very bad conditions. The engine wasn't running, it had no documents, no keys, lots of parts were missing and I even didn't know if she will ever work again. It was more a parts collection ready for the trash than a motorcycle".



"I wanted the bike flat and low… I needed an original tank with patina first. I love patina and the Honda fuel tanks of the 70's. They tell the whole story of a bike. They are the keeper of the bike's soul. That was my imagination of a perfect bike and fitted my attitude right. A bike I don't need to wear fancy leather boots and a white scarf on, I didn't want that classic cafe style. I wanted something new school were I can wear my clothes on the way I look. So I reached out my hand to the almighty fate again and found the tank I always wanted for the bike. And with the tank, the seat came in the same week. It was made of steel sheet. Good work. I painted it in the same colour as the tank. I lowered the suspension from 350mm to 260mm chrome style shocks. Changed the front tire to Avon Speedmaster 3.50 and the back tire to 4.00 MK2. I shortened the frame and made the seat fit. Mounted a handmade leather seat pad. Lowered the front forks about 40mm. Builded a custom exhaust muffler from of a Harley exhaust pipe by cutting it and making it fit. And I am not sorry for that, Harley guys! Now the bike has become real in the way I always wanted it and I can finally say, I am done with it. There's nothing I would change and that satisfies me on every day with the Kobra". 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment